I altered my home which is older than sixty years without a permit what do I do?

You have committed an offence that, if convicted in a court of law, could carry a penalty (for example a fine and a term in prison). In the past the term in prison has been commuted, but a jail sentence is recorded on your passport etc. The thing to do is to report your indiscretion to the PHRA together with the reasons and ask the PHRA to condone the offence. Click here to find a list of PHRAs

Answer provided by the Egoli Heritage Foundation.