When should I engage a heritage professional?

You should engage a professional right at the beginning of the planning process.

If you are looking to buy a property that is older than sixty, a declared heritage site or rated by a local organisation, you should consult with a professional before you put in an offer to get advice on what you can and cannot do with the property. This helps you to avoid nasty surprises after significant resources have been invested. If you want to make alterations or additions to a property you own it is also recommended that you engage a professional up front.

Click here to find a professional.