Check heritage impact assessment criteria.
Note: This flag appears on all site listings
Does your development meet any of the following criteria set out in Section 38 of the National Heritage Resources Act?
- the construction of a road, wall, powerline, pipeline, canal or other similar form of linear development or barrier exceeding 300m in length;
- the construction of a bridge or similar structure exceeding 50m in length;
- any development or other activity which will change the character of a site—
- exceeding 5 000m2 in extent; or
- involving three or more existing erven or subdivisions thereof; or
- involving three or more erven or divisions thereof which have been consolidated within the past five years; or
- the costs of which will exceed a sum set in terms of regulations by SAHRA or a provincial heritage resources authority;
- the re-zoning of a site exceeding 10 000 m2 in extent; or
- any other category of development provided for in regulations by SAHRA or a provincial heritage resources authority
If yes section 38 of the Act states you "must at the very earliest stages of initiating such a development, notify the responsible heritage resources authority and furnish it with details regarding the location, nature and extent of the proposed development".
The heritage resources authority will then advise whether an impact assessment report is required.Contact details can be found here
If yes contact a professional for advice